Middlesex County parents who are pregnant, or have children up to five years old, receive free and voluntary home visitation services, including information, support, developmental screenings, and referrals to community resources. They ensure the early childhood learning development and health of their children. Families also build their social and human capacity. In the process, they become stronger, healthier, and succeed academically.
Some services provided by PAT include:
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly evidence-based home visitations (that provide a developmental topic, well-being aspect, and parent-child interactive component)
- Progress reports on immunization records, assessments, and developmental screenings of their children
- Free workshops and fun activities that strengthen their social connections and parenting knowledge
- Referrals to issues related to parents or their children
- Quarterly community advisory board meetings of parents, community residents and individuals (in which parents discuss parenting-related topics with other parents and create new connections)
- Additional support, education, and positive connections